MANU CULTURAL AREA 4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS
Detail of Tour:
Departures: To Consult Spaces.
Duration: 4 Days / 3 Night.
Frequency: The whole year.
Type: Ecological, adventure.
Departure from Cusco in the morning in one of our vehicles specially equipped for the route. Interesting cross valleys and picturesque rural communities and a visit to the Pre-Inca Tombs Chullpas Ninamarca. At noon we will go through Paucartambo, typical colonial town of great importance at that time and still retains its colonial style. Continuing the journey of ascent to the pass at 3,850 meters Acjanacu where we will descend through the cloud forest, a rich area in endemic species as the bear of glasses, cock of the rock, orchids, bromeliads, ferns, etc.. We spend our first night comfortably installed in our outdoor deck San Pedro .
Very early we appreciate the interesting courtship dance of the Cock of the Rocks, national bird of Peru, who has a striking plumage of red-orange intense, comfortably installed on an observation platform called "Lek". After breakfast we continue in our bus, crossing the high forest, arriving at the town of Pilcopata * and then continue to the port of Atalaya (700 m), located along the river Alto Madre de Dios, where our boat awaits us outboard motor, we board the ship which is loaded with the equipment needed for the trip, thus beginning our descent down the river where we can see the huge variety of birds such as herons, vultures, cormorants, etc.. To reach our private reserve "Erika" where we spend the next 2 nights. Short walk around.
* 1 Optional: Descend with mountain bikes from San Pedro Lodge (1700 mals) Cloud Forest to Pilcopata-High Jungle (700 m)
* 2 Optional: From the town of Pilcopata we will travel approx. 3 hours of rafting (Class IIand III) for tropical rivers Kosñipata and Alto Madre de Dios, passing the spectacular Pongo of Koñeq where we will stop for sightseeing and a swim in its waters. We Will continue to reach our private reserve Erika .
Erika is located in a transition zone between High and Low Jungle (600 m - 1,550m), the different altitudes give rise to different habitats, explaining the high diversity of wildlife around. Immediately after breakfast we start walking nearwhere the interesting tour guide will talk about mammals, birds, reptiles, insects, medicinal plants. and in the afternoon we will visit a small lake to observe alligators,hoatzins (prehistoric bird, etc.). Short walk at night and last night in this wonderful Amazon jungle.
New! Canopy tour: Our clients go from tree to tree and platform to platform using horizontal cable harnesses with a rail system in which you will glide at high speed on the tree tops of this wonderful Amazon jungle where you can see the high diversity of birds and other area. Expert guides assist you all the time during this exciting experience and they will explain everything interesting to observe at the moment you leave the ground until you rappel down from 30meters.
After having breakfast, we will approach our craft in which we will navigate for 5 minutes to cross the river Alta Madre de Dios and to walk approximately for 30 minutes for an interesting path to observe and to converse about interesting flora as the sensitive plants, heliconias, fruit-bearing plantations, etc. until arriving at the lagoon of Machuwasi where we will install the telescope and to observe birds like real heron, tucanetas, carpenter crestirojo, bienteveos, cardinal, etc. When concluding this activity, we will continue in the boat toward the Port of Atalaya, where is waiting for us the bus that will take us to the city of Cusco, arriving at night.
The Program Includes:
- Transport terrestrial and fluvial
- 01 Night in Tambo San Pedro
- 02 Nights in the housing Erika
- Complete food (vegetarian option)
- Specialized bilingual guides
- Complete equipment for mountain biking and boating
- First-aid kit including serums anti-ofídicos
- Baggage guardianship Service
- Box of security for documents and values.
- Sleeping Bag
- Photographic Camera, binocular (enough preference rolls ROAST 400)
- Sneakers, hiking boots or rubber sandals
- Lantern with piles.
- Implements of personal hygiene, personal medicines
- Insect repellent, medicine for personal use
- Hat, sunglasses, sunblock.
- Raincoat, slight coat, cotton pants
- Towel, bath clothes and sandals.
- Baggage backpack and small backpack
- Bags of plastic, a bottle of water for the first day.